Simplicity Creative Group - Burda Style Dress
Hello Fellow Bloggers,
As promised, this is the review for Burda Style 6988, View C. You will here me loving on this dress throughout the post, lol. Let's get started shall we.
First off this dress has three views. View A is a fitted sleeveless sheath; View B is fitted through the bust and has a flared bottom; View C is the fitted Maxi. Very simple and the best part are the contoured darts on the front and darts in the back! The pattern suggests using Jersey for the fabric and binding tape for neckline and armholes (View A).
I made View C from Ponte Roma knit from my stash. I chose to bind the neckline with self-fabric binding and blind-hemmed rather than topstitching. The thought ran across my mind to line this dress with Tricot but I didn't and will the next time around. I love this dress.
I did not have to make my usual sway-back adjustments nor did I have to lengthen this dress anywhere. This dress is lovely! My plan is to make the shorter version with 3/4 length sleeves next. The pattern is so nice I haven't removed it from the cutting table! I love this dress!
If you have not picked this pattern up you should run and do so. I purchased the pattern along with several more Burdas during Hancock Fabrics' $2.49 sale! I think I purchased about 10 of them, lol.
Burda patterns fit so nicely and I've never had to adjust for the swayback and they run longer than the Big 4. So definitely check length before cutting.
NOTE:
I failed to mention that I used a combination of sizes- Sz 10 in shoulders/bust, graded up to Sz 12 in the waist and Sz 16 in the hips (next time I will only go to Sz 14 in the hip area). Also, the hem circumference is narrow (44.5") and I will widen the circumference because I have a long stride. The arms on this dress are very close fitting also but the sleeves go in extremely well.
Well, below are pictures of the dress:
This is all for now. Got to get back in the sewing nook. Why did I point out the fleshy side?!?
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Hello Fellow Bloggers,
As promised, this is the review for Burda Style 6988, View C. You will here me loving on this dress throughout the post, lol. Let's get started shall we.
First off this dress has three views. View A is a fitted sleeveless sheath; View B is fitted through the bust and has a flared bottom; View C is the fitted Maxi. Very simple and the best part are the contoured darts on the front and darts in the back! The pattern suggests using Jersey for the fabric and binding tape for neckline and armholes (View A).
I made View C from Ponte Roma knit from my stash. I chose to bind the neckline with self-fabric binding and blind-hemmed rather than topstitching. The thought ran across my mind to line this dress with Tricot but I didn't and will the next time around. I love this dress.
I did not have to make my usual sway-back adjustments nor did I have to lengthen this dress anywhere. This dress is lovely! My plan is to make the shorter version with 3/4 length sleeves next. The pattern is so nice I haven't removed it from the cutting table! I love this dress!
If you have not picked this pattern up you should run and do so. I purchased the pattern along with several more Burdas during Hancock Fabrics' $2.49 sale! I think I purchased about 10 of them, lol.
Burda patterns fit so nicely and I've never had to adjust for the swayback and they run longer than the Big 4. So definitely check length before cutting.
NOTE:
I failed to mention that I used a combination of sizes- Sz 10 in shoulders/bust, graded up to Sz 12 in the waist and Sz 16 in the hips (next time I will only go to Sz 14 in the hip area). Also, the hem circumference is narrow (44.5") and I will widen the circumference because I have a long stride. The arms on this dress are very close fitting also but the sleeves go in extremely well.
Well, below are pictures of the dress:
This is all for now. Got to get back in the sewing nook. Why did I point out the fleshy side?!?
Until Next Time,
Brenda
You look fab as usual! You already caused me to buy that Vogue pattern today. Now I have to wait for Hancock's rare Burda sale to get this one too. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThank You, Faye! Can't wait to see your finished dress.
DeleteLooks like a winner from here! Great sewing ... J
ReplyDeleteAww, Judith, thank you!
DeleteBeautiful maxi and fits you to a tee.
ReplyDeleteThank You, Sheila!
DeleteYou look very pretty in your new dress!
ReplyDeleteThank You, Joyce. I love this dress!
Delete