Hello Fellow Followers:
As promised, this is the final post of the garments shown earlier. I must inform you all that both patterns are out of print and have been for years. McCall's 3457 (top) debuted in 2001 and McCall's 3065 made its' debuted in 2000. To streamline the reviews, I will begin with the top..
McCall's 3457 (OOP): Tops all have dolman sleeves and bateau necklines. Views A, B have long sleeves; Top B has over arm slits; Tops C,D, have 3/4 sleeves; Top D has a sash; Top E has short sleeves with slits and optional purchased flower.
For my top, I chose View C with 3/4 sleeves.
Suggested Fabrics: Challis, Crepe, Tissue Faille, Charmeuse, Silk Jersey and Cotton Knits.
I chose a knit (purchased during Hancock Fabrics Sale $ .99-3.99 sale). The fabric is labeled,
"Hatchi Flame Stich Knits" and is 96% poly and 4% spandex. This fabric is so very soft and manageable when sewing.
I loved the pattern and the fabric match was spot on. There is not a lot I can say about this pattern being that is unavailable. It has been my go-to pattern for tops because the fit is awesome. I do believe that McCall's revived this pattern recently (I recall the slits in the sleeves using an animal print).
Now for the pictures ( I have worn it with skirts and jeans). A HIT!
As promised, this is the final post of the garments shown earlier. I must inform you all that both patterns are out of print and have been for years. McCall's 3457 (top) debuted in 2001 and McCall's 3065 made its' debuted in 2000. To streamline the reviews, I will begin with the top..
McCall's 3457 (OOP): Tops all have dolman sleeves and bateau necklines. Views A, B have long sleeves; Top B has over arm slits; Tops C,D, have 3/4 sleeves; Top D has a sash; Top E has short sleeves with slits and optional purchased flower.
For my top, I chose View C with 3/4 sleeves.
Suggested Fabrics: Challis, Crepe, Tissue Faille, Charmeuse, Silk Jersey and Cotton Knits.
I chose a knit (purchased during Hancock Fabrics Sale $ .99-3.99 sale). The fabric is labeled,
"Hatchi Flame Stich Knits" and is 96% poly and 4% spandex. This fabric is so very soft and manageable when sewing.
I loved the pattern and the fabric match was spot on. There is not a lot I can say about this pattern being that is unavailable. It has been my go-to pattern for tops because the fit is awesome. I do believe that McCall's revived this pattern recently (I recall the slits in the sleeves using an animal print).
Now for the pictures ( I have worn it with skirts and jeans). A HIT!
| TOP FRONT |
Another beautiful combo, love your fabric choice
ReplyDeleteThank You, Aminat!
DeleteI think you will be 'go-to-ing' these patterns for many more years - they look brilliant! ... J
ReplyDeleteThank You, Judith!
DeleteLovely outfit and I am loving that top pattern.
ReplyDeleteThank You, Sheila!
Delete