This post is quite long but I tried to keep pictures to a minimum. I must tell you all that these garments made me so happy and proud! Though most of the patterns are labeled 'Easy", I would not with the exception of the McCall's pattern. Anyway not to bore you any longer, here goes.
To further minimize the talking the printed patterns will appear in the order as in the headline, followed by a pic of me wearing them. You will notice that my heels were sinking into the ground at times, hence, the smirk. lol
This pattern is Sized for Misses:Sz-6-14 and 14-16). I made a Sz. 12.
Flared skirt cut on cross grain, waistband (2-1/4 wide); I made the longer length View F (27-1/2" lgth). Narrow 5/8" hem. These skirts also have pleats (4) and a back zipper.
Fabrics recommended: Faille, Taffeta, Sateen, Poplin. For Views A, B & D, you will need Crinoline or Buckram to interface the hem.
I chose a Black and White Stretch Sateen, from my stash! Why, it has little polka dots, which I love.
The skirt is so lovely and full. I will make this again from a Pique. I loved everything about this skirt because I love Vintage Styles and this reminded me of the skirts I made and wore in the '60s and '70s.
OK here we go! I love this skirt and I've worn it a few times w/different tops- white blouse, Coral sweater, white-T). Love, I tell ya! lol
 |
Pleats and Flare
|
 |
Pleats (4) Two Front & Two Back
|
 |
Final Shot shown with my favorite top from WHBM (old) and those lovely Pink Pumps!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay now for Burda 7519. The T-Shirt.
Burda describes this pattern as a T-Shirt, hum? There are two views, I made View A. Both are described as being semi-fitted. Fabrics suggested include Jersey, Satin, Crepe fabrics. I chose a jersey from my stash! Go Girl!
I love this pattern and I will make it again. The sizes from 8-20 are included in the pattern. I made a Size 8 and found it to be great. Not described as fitted it most certainly is not. To me, it is very comfortable.
As per the instructions, everything was jumbled and unclear but after reading through the instructions twice, I figured out that the order in which the neck and armhole bindings are attached was awkward. Using my top from WHBM, I was able to finish this top.
When I make it again, I will make a few changes to make this top more fitted. I believe a Size 6 would have been better for me but with a few adjustments it will work great and be more closely fitted. This was a quick make, though not "Easy".
I love this cowl neckline. The pattern is to be cut on the bias. ONLY necessary if using a woven fabric!!! I did not cut any part on the bias (cut on the fold of fabric) Also cut bindings on the straight grain.
the fabric). My fabric being a ITY Jersey knit had plenty stretch. Having cut both front and back on the fold prevented that cowl from stretching/sagging and hanging too low. Even when bending over, it did not hang significantly low.
I did not hem the 5/8" required, top is rather long and I'm not certain where I want it to eventually hit me. Left hem undone-for now. Here are pictures.
 |
| Armhole Binding |

 |
| Back of Top |
|
|
 |
Draped Cowl - Controlled
|
 |
| Applying Binding to Armholes |
NOTE: The instructions for applying the binding to the neckline and armholes is very confusing in the directions.
To simplify all, you just cut the bindings, fold them in half, baste to neckline and armholes (3 layers) with
1/2" S.A., trim very close to that S.A. cutting off, turn binding to the inside and topstitch-catching the bind-
underneath. Make certain to trim the fabric close to the stitch,
This top have darts front and back. I did use them as they gave the top shaping.
 |
| Add caption |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, for the final garment(s). This is McCall's 6654. I believe it has become one popular skirt. I have made it several times.
The skirt is very easy - is in seven lengths - semi-fitted or loose-fitted. Elasticized waistband and 5/8" hem. EASY & NICE!

This is the Semi-fitted skirt in the 28" length. SHOWN here with my new Burda T-Shirt.
I have not hemmed this skirt yet. Uncertain where I want my hem. I can only take it up! LOL
The fabric was left over from the top and I lined it.
Lined the skirt from the waist down minus 3". I wear slips so this takes care of that and feels great against my skin!
|
 |
| Fully Lined Skirt in 39" length - McCall's 6654 |

McCall's 6654 in the 39" length (loose-fitting) Side/Back View.

Final View of McCall's 6654. I love this skirt!
Well, that is all for now. I am totally excited to be back sewing continuously again.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Beautiful pieces! They seem like simple sews but I can tell, you definitely know how to work it :).
ReplyDeleteThank You, Robin! Not certain whether I "know" how to "work" it, though. lol. Thanks for following.
DeleteGorgeous garments love them all.
ReplyDeleteThank You, Sheila! You do inspire and I always look forward to your comments. Thank you for continuing to follow.
DeleteReally Brenda! You look absolutely stunning in both of your outfits. I know what an impeccable sewist you are and they fit perfectly!
ReplyDeleteOh, Faye, my dear follower! You are ever so kind and a friend indeed! Thank you!!!! Slowly finding my footing, again.
DeleteAll of your latest makes are beautiful! The full skirt is my favorite though - LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous pieces. I would say that the last skirt would have to be my fave! Such GREAT addidtions to the wardrobe!
ReplyDelete