Hello Fellow Sewists:
On yesterday, my attempt to review this dress was not to be. After making the necessary changes, I am up to reviewing this pattern today! lol If you did not read my post on Thursday, you may need to in order to see the changes. This pattern has been described as the "It" Maxi of 2013 by Cennetta over at The Mahogany Stylist. After see several reviews on PR, I decided to move this dress to the top of my list. All other reviews were favorable and looked fantastic! Here goes:
Pattern Description: Pullover dress has fitted, mock wrap bodice, shoulder ties, elasticized shoulders
Fabrics Suggested: Jersey, Interlock, Cotton Knit.
I did not see the need for the shoulder ties, therefore, I omitted these. Instead of making the belt
carriers, I used Crochet Thread (two 15" lengths twisted together and then cut the length wanted. The crochet thread, twisted together, yields a small amount of stretch which emulating carriers on RTW.
This is standard for me and I did use Steam-A-Seam II in the hem. On the original dress, I sta-
bilized the front and back bodice edges with Knit Stay Tape but forgot in my haste to re-do this
bodice makeover. Smh.
I will make this dress again in a solid color, maybe two. lol Well, this dress has been reviewed numerous times over on Pattern Review so I will let the pics speak now. Please click to enlarge.
Well, I have to say, this was a good save. My angst did not win out this time. Have a great day!!
Until Next Time,
Brenda
On yesterday, my attempt to review this dress was not to be. After making the necessary changes, I am up to reviewing this pattern today! lol If you did not read my post on Thursday, you may need to in order to see the changes. This pattern has been described as the "It" Maxi of 2013 by Cennetta over at The Mahogany Stylist. After see several reviews on PR, I decided to move this dress to the top of my list. All other reviews were favorable and looked fantastic! Here goes:
Pattern Description: Pullover dress has fitted, mock wrap bodice, shoulder ties, elasticized shoulders
and raised (seamed) waist, fitted, narrow hem, thread carriers and self belt.
This pattern is described as "Easy" and that it is.
Fabrics Suggested: Jersey, Interlock, Cotton Knit.
I used a jersey from my stash - purchased from Joanne Fabrics (1-1/2 yrs) ago.
As I stated the dress is easy and went together well (with the exception of my fabric boo-boo.)
Alterations/Changes: Because this dress had a low front and back, I added 1" to the front seam and
top-stitched using 5/8" turn under allowance. This did raise the front and back
and did not significantly change the dress. One (1) inch was added to the
length of the skirt and I used a 1" hem. As you will see in the pictures, this was
perfect as my heels are 3 inches.
I did not see the need for the shoulder ties, therefore, I omitted these. Instead of making the belt
carriers, I used Crochet Thread (two 15" lengths twisted together and then cut the length wanted. The crochet thread, twisted together, yields a small amount of stretch which emulating carriers on RTW.
This is standard for me and I did use Steam-A-Seam II in the hem. On the original dress, I sta-
bilized the front and back bodice edges with Knit Stay Tape but forgot in my haste to re-do this
bodice makeover. Smh.
I will make this dress again in a solid color, maybe two. lol Well, this dress has been reviewed numerous times over on Pattern Review so I will let the pics speak now. Please click to enlarge.
Front View
| Side View |
| Back View |
The Front and Back Re-make
Belt Carriers
| The Two Strands of Crochet Thread twisted together and with ends secured with tape prior to insertion. |
Until Next Time,
Brenda

Such a beautiful dress Brenda. I know you are enjoying wearing it.
ReplyDeleteThank You, Faye! What is happening with Blogger. The type that's showing is NOT what's on the original post and it doesn't show as this jumbled mess. SMH
ReplyDeleteVery very pretty... Good save.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Sheila. This fabric feels yummy and this dress is my first in this style (surplice bodice).
DeleteSuch a cute dress in a most delightful print. It's making me want one! Nice work!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, GodsgirlT. Go for it you will love the end result.
ReplyDeleteHello Valerie. Thanks for the comment, sorry I missed it. I think this will be the "Maxi" of 2013. It is very nice and went together rather easily. Thank you for joining my blog.
ReplyDelete