Hello Fellow Bloggers:
Just wanted to pop in to share some news and pics with you! I hope all of you had a beautiful day.
I have been working feverishly on my job and have not had a chance to work on my garment for the Fearless Sewing Challenge! Ugh. Hopefully, things will level off tomorrow and I can get some sewing time in before my imagination starts derailing my initial plans. LOL. On track.....
For Thanksgiving 2011, I had the opportunity to travel to San Francisco to visit my only son and my dear DIL. I had so many plans laid out in my mind to shop the district but with them being new to the area we took a sight-seeing tour of San Fran and then did a driving tour of several other areas (Berkeley, etc.). One of my main goals was to visit the infamous BRITEX Fabric Store, well I did just not how I had planned. Here are pictures and they say a thousand words (look at the captions) lol.
Well I am on my way back! The newly-wedded couple is expecting my 3rd grandchild (my son's first) and needless to say, I am over the TOP! I have not planned any shopping but we will see whether I get a chance to actually grace the doors of Britex Fabrics this time. OK, enough already.
 |
Window Shopping Aboard A Trolley!
|
 |
More Window Shopping Aboard That Dang Trolley!
|
 |
Oh, BRITEX!
|
 |
| I believe the 2nd Floor of Britex |
 |
My First Glimpse of BRITEX!
|
 |
| The Elegant Pretty Ladies in the Haight District! |
 |
The Island housing the now closed Alcatrez Prison
|
 |
I Guess you can tell what I really wanted to do? lol
|
 |
| THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE! |
 |
I just wanted to hop off for a few seconds, people!!! I promise I was not going to be long!
Well, that is it for now. I am so excited to meet my new grandson! If I don't make it to Britex and all of the other
fine fabric stores in the area, during my visit, I can always go back when he's 3 months, right?
Thanks for dropping by and sharing with me.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
|
What a lovely vacation. Hoping you will be able to step foot into Britex... would love to hear all about it.
ReplyDelete