Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fearless Sewing Inspiration!

Hello Fellow Bloggers: As you may know, I decided to join in on the "Fearless Sewing Challenge". When I signeu up to do this, I knew it would push me as I only have about 10 days to produce at least one garment! More on the reasoning later.

  As a hoarder of all things sewing-related these buttons were my inspiration as well as Vogue 8776! This pattern has always peaked my interest but I knew there was much more to be added to this pattern. Having said this, I will now introduce you to the fabrics and buttons. The changes will come about during the construction. Well, this is my contribution!

 I have much of the outer shell and the insides cut out. I did experiment with interfacings only to discover that I may not need one due to the heaviness of the fashion fabric. I will also treat this fabric with an agent to combat the elements.

WoW! Below are pics of the fabric choices and the inspiration (buttons). I love fun things that can be worn forever and those which become conversational pieces!
The "Button" is my Inspiration
 
 
The  Outer shell/ Lining and fabric texture
 
 
 
I have chosen the fabric, lining and the methods I will use but not certain whether I will use interfacing because this fabric is hefty. We willl see.

Until Next Time,
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Way to go. Looking forward to your projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aminat. Been so busy @ work haven't had time to work onit anymore, maybe a littel here shortly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.