http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1312-products-27085.php?page_id=716&search_control=display&list=search
HELLO Everyone!
This internet connection is messing up something awful. Third time is the charm, I hope.
Well, let's get on with it. When Vogue Patterns released their Fall patterns my heart dropped form the excitement!! I KNEW instantly that Lynn Mizono's pattern 1312 was at the top of my list.
Culling the fabric stash, I went to work! lol. Let's get started shall we! This is a long post and I apologize but I wanted to be as thorough as possible.
PATTERN: Misses' close-fitting pullover dress, self-lined, raised waist, seamed skirt, stitched hems and invisible side zipper. Two views: View A-sleeveless; View B-Optional bodice and long sleeves.
SIZING: 8-16; 16-24. I made this in a Sz 12 could have gone up to a Sz 14. Next time, maybe.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Denim, Gabardine and Linen (all lightweight).
NOTIONS: 12/14" Invisible Zipper (NOTE: Interfacing is needed for the F/B Bodice per instructions).
The original plan was to make View B with long sleeves using a dark washed stretch denim (63% Cotton, 34% Polyester, 3% Spandex) purchased from Hancock Fabrics. This fabric has a beautiful hand and sheen! Love It! The pattern calls for a self-lined bodice but I lined the bodice with a Hang-Free lining. After testing the Sew-In Interfacing, I opted to use French Fuse Interfacing (lighter) pinking the edges to prevent show-through.
I did make a muslin for the bodice and was satisfied witht the fit. No alterations to this pattern.
Why did I change and make the sleeveless version you ask? Well, after trying the dress on with a basted sleeve, my claustrophobia sat in big time! While trying to get out of this dress, I had to constantly remind myself that 911 is for emergencies ONLY!!!! It was that serious, people! It took me a good 10 minutes to get that thing off. Ergo, the sleeveless version-View A. Since the dress had been 99% completed I used bias binding in the sleeve area, okay ? Now, it went nicely until I realized that I had forgottened to drop the arm-pit by at least 1/2". Too tight! Otherwise, this dress fits nicely. I love it!
I do recommend this pattern to those that like cutting-edge styles. It was easy and fun to make. The process was so exciting. I will make this again in RED, the HOT color of the season.
The pattern calls for 4-3/8 yds of fashion fabric. Since I chose to use a lining fabric rather than the self-fabric for the bodice the yardage was 3-1/4 yds of fabric and 1/2 yds of lining. ALSO the finished hem of this dress measured 153" total!!!! The hem edge took longer to do than the actual dress, it you can believe it. After completing the dress, I noticed that my denim showed from the under-side. No problem, I can deal with that. No further ado, here are several pictures. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for dropping by.
HELLO Everyone!
This internet connection is messing up something awful. Third time is the charm, I hope.
Well, let's get on with it. When Vogue Patterns released their Fall patterns my heart dropped form the excitement!! I KNEW instantly that Lynn Mizono's pattern 1312 was at the top of my list.
Culling the fabric stash, I went to work! lol. Let's get started shall we! This is a long post and I apologize but I wanted to be as thorough as possible.
PATTERN: Misses' close-fitting pullover dress, self-lined, raised waist, seamed skirt, stitched hems and invisible side zipper. Two views: View A-sleeveless; View B-Optional bodice and long sleeves.
SIZING: 8-16; 16-24. I made this in a Sz 12 could have gone up to a Sz 14. Next time, maybe.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Denim, Gabardine and Linen (all lightweight).
NOTIONS: 12/14" Invisible Zipper (NOTE: Interfacing is needed for the F/B Bodice per instructions).
The original plan was to make View B with long sleeves using a dark washed stretch denim (63% Cotton, 34% Polyester, 3% Spandex) purchased from Hancock Fabrics. This fabric has a beautiful hand and sheen! Love It! The pattern calls for a self-lined bodice but I lined the bodice with a Hang-Free lining. After testing the Sew-In Interfacing, I opted to use French Fuse Interfacing (lighter) pinking the edges to prevent show-through.
I did make a muslin for the bodice and was satisfied witht the fit. No alterations to this pattern.
Why did I change and make the sleeveless version you ask? Well, after trying the dress on with a basted sleeve, my claustrophobia sat in big time! While trying to get out of this dress, I had to constantly remind myself that 911 is for emergencies ONLY!!!! It was that serious, people! It took me a good 10 minutes to get that thing off. Ergo, the sleeveless version-View A. Since the dress had been 99% completed I used bias binding in the sleeve area, okay ? Now, it went nicely until I realized that I had forgottened to drop the arm-pit by at least 1/2". Too tight! Otherwise, this dress fits nicely. I love it!
I do recommend this pattern to those that like cutting-edge styles. It was easy and fun to make. The process was so exciting. I will make this again in RED, the HOT color of the season.
The pattern calls for 4-3/8 yds of fashion fabric. Since I chose to use a lining fabric rather than the self-fabric for the bodice the yardage was 3-1/4 yds of fabric and 1/2 yds of lining. ALSO the finished hem of this dress measured 153" total!!!! The hem edge took longer to do than the actual dress, it you can believe it. After completing the dress, I noticed that my denim showed from the under-side. No problem, I can deal with that. No further ado, here are several pictures. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for dropping by.
| Pinked Edge of French Fuse Interfacing |
| Interfacing Fused To Fabric |
| Picture of the bottom section |
Neckline/Sleeve Option
| Hemming This 153" Hem! |
| The Drape and Sheen of Fabric |
| Oh, Oh, Why Did I Do This? Angry @ Myself. lol |
| Back View |
My Proud Side View. LOL
| Back View w/o Bat Wings |
You look amazing in it!
ReplyDeleteThis dress has become a favorite go to. Ironing needed-NONE! This denim is awesome.
ReplyDeleteHi brenda, I just discovered your blog when searching for reviews of 1312. I purchased a lt weight denim of the same content of your fabric choice from joanns last night. I was second guessing myself about the fabric choice. The yardage was heavy! But, now I am encouraged about my choice. I started this dress last year in a very light knit , not a good choice. At over 4 yards, poor choices are expensive.
ReplyDelete