Monday, January 10, 2011

Let It Snow!!! (pics) and New Fabric Haul

Hello Fellow Sewists:
It has been a minute since my last post.  Off work and enjoying this beautiful snow.  Snow is just so beautiful and it has been a long time since we've experienced a snowfall like this in Alabama.  We even had a lightning and thundersnow moment last night.

Shortly after Christmas, I purchased four pieces of fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics and I'm absolutely thrilled.  Three of the pieces are knit ottoman (bright red, tan and chocolate brown).  These knits are lovely and easy to sew and are machine washable with a lovely hand.  The fourth piece is a 100% wool crepe named Winter Sunshine. Don't you just love the name? It makes me feel happy.  I also took a mini-vacation to Mobile, Alabama for New Year's and purchased a few yards of a cotton sateen.  I believe it is named Midnight something or the other but it is beautiful (Joanne Fabrics).  Well, that's it for the rambling now for the show.

Being snowed in for a few days, my plan is to get a little sewing done. What I don't have a plan. LOL








Thinking Vintage Sew Along
Oops, I don't know where the pic of cotton sateen went.  I found the pic, whew!

Until Next Time
Brenda

p.s. 
I did the Burda Pattern thingy too.  Now off to do some thinking, feeling and contemplating.

3 comments:

  1. Firstly, BEAUTIFUL FABRIC!!!
    Secondly, you guys got much more ice/snow than we did, but what we got rewarded me with to surprise days off - yippie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snow, beautiful snow. We're expecting 5 new inches in MI. Oh, that "Winter Sunshine" wool crepe-I have the same fabric, which I'm currently making into a jacket. If you're interested in how it looks in a garment, check my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gwen, I will check in. This fabric is so gorgeous!!!

    Faye, yes we southerners do get those unexpected bonuses when it snows (lol).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.