I must share this with you all. Faye Lewis called me on Monday night and did we ever talk, talk and talk. I always enjoy our conversations because she is so ever inspiring. Anyway, we were discussing sewing notions and Faye pointed out the blog "The Princess Cupcake". There is a gadget featured on there called a hemming gauge. Low and behold after watching the mini video while talking to Faye, I quickly remembered that I owned one. Can you believe that? My husband brought this gadget home to me about 23 months ago and thought I could use it. Thinking it was some sort of hemming gauge, I just put it in a corner of my sewing room and forgot about it.
Having the hemming thingy with the chalk powder pump seemed fine, no need to explore that little thing, or so I thought. I am totally in shock. This gauge is totally awesome! As I said earlier, sewing buddies are so inspiring. Now on the hunt to find one for my friend, Faye. Thank you Faye for sharing that small but invaluable info. Here are pics of both guides. The smaller one is the little forgotten treasure and it measures up to 20". I just wonder how old this thing is as it doesn't have the attached pincushion as does The Cupcake Goddess.
 |
| A Little Misplaced Treasure |
 |
| You Decide |
Oh yeah, please excurse my messy sewing nook.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
The SEWING NOOK looks fab!!! At least you can get in it (a bit of sarcasm about my room). Can't even believe how great it was to REALLY talk with you last evening/this morning! We should schedule talks at least every other month - next one in early March (lol).
ReplyDeleteThe greatest thing about sewing friends is that "we inspire each other"! I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM YOU! After all, it was you who told me about Swedish Pattern Paper and all kinds of other sewing places and things!!!
Sweet Dreams (Proverbs3:24; Jeremiah 31:26)!!!