This has to be a favorite dress. I adore princess seams as they are easy to accomadate fluctuations in weight gain/loss, etc. The collar is so very interesting, drawing attention to the face. Being small busted, I decided to add interesting buttons (animal) and the same print in shoes to complete the look. The fabric used was a black twill purchased from Hancock Fabrics (stash). The buttons were purchased from Wal-Mart. The invisible zipper is one of my favorite. This is one sexxy dress worn with one-seam hose. It reminds me of a through-back to the 40s or 50s, both of which I love. This is an easy and stylish dress. Would recommend to the novice or advanced seamstress because of the classy style. BTW, please excuse the background. I'm de-stashing.
 |
| A Little Walk On The Wild Side |
 |
Aah!!!! I absolutely love you, the fit & all.
|
V8408 Misses'/Misses' Petite Dress and Belt
Very Easy Vogue Vogue Patterns
Alright now girl! An outstanding job. Love it. What fabric did you make it from?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Faye. The fabric used was a black twill. I tend to lean towards these fabrics more often as they camouflage imperfections more readily.
ReplyDeleteHow is that Lady Grey coming along?
Beautiful dress and love the neckline detail.
ReplyDeleteLADY FAYE - oh I mean Grey was finished on 12/04 but has not been unveiled yet. I'm waiting until I can get someone to help me with the pictures. Maybe I can get that lady from Augusta who took pictures of us that day (lol).
ReplyDeleteThanks Sheila. This dress makes me feel like an hourglass. lol. I mean really.
ReplyDeleteFaye, you are so funny. Can't wait to see your coat. That lady from Augusta would be thrilled I'm sure. Just make sure she's in a pic. (lol)
I'm trying to post more pics but having a problem downloading pics for some reason. Still trying.
Thanks Adrienne.
ReplyDeleteI love this dress, it is VERY classy looking!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'm from Augusta, do you remember the name of the lady that you speak of, I'm curious?
Hi Alethia. Thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry I don't remember the ladies' name but I believe she had some type of business arranging flowers, catering or wedding planner. Very nice. Faye Lewis and I met her while trying to snap pics of our visit.
ReplyDelete