Monday, December 13, 2010

Miss Mock Wrap Dress Sewing Pattern 4074 Simplicity

Miss Mock Wrap Dress Sewing Pattern 4074 Simplicity

THis dress was so much fun to make.  Not certain whether pattern is OOP or not.  The fabric used was a printed moleskin (Walmart) which was in my ever growing stash.  I love red and this seamed (punt intended) to be the right choice for this dress.  Again, princess seams.  I chose not to insert a zipper, the fabric was forgiving in my size.  I loved, loved the pleats on the shoulder seams.  I also loved the fact that I could wear a different belt (the fabric belt was made).   I do love this pattern.  Leaning towards princess seam patterns is a given for this pear-shape.  Occasionally, I venture away, you'll see.

This is a great pattern to use for draping and fitting.  Though easy, time should be alloted for correct positioning of seams (f/b & side seams) to obtain the correct fit.  I did extend the waistline by 1/2" and cut a size 12 in the pattern shoulders, increasing to a Size 14 in the hips.  Standing 5'7" I did lengthen by 1/2" (though not necessary) just love longer dresses.

If I make this dress again, I will choose a lighter fabric.  T+his dress is so very comfortable to wear ( Stilletto=sexxy or boots=stylish/daring).



Can't explain the black blob in pic.
a

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the fabric and color. I have this pattern. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila and Linda. I do love this dress as it is very comfortable and flattering. Oh, my love for the color red helps even more. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great dress~ you have such great style!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.