WoW! I knew I haven't posted in a while but I have been doing the fabric and pattern thingy. I did attend the Sewing Expo in Georgia (Gwinnett) to be exact. I took all my machines with the intention of sewing and attending classes. No that did not happen, not in the mood. Shopping? Yeah!!! Classes? Signed up for three and attended one, totally not in the mood. I decided at the last minute to attend just to do some fabric shopping and view the independent pattern designers. I visited the Vogue Fabrics booth the first day and was deeply surprised with the fabric selection and voiced that to the staff. Moving along, I sought out my favorite pattern designer, Cynthia Guffey. Oh yeah! Cynthia had a great collection of raw silk in several colors and orderable for those not at the show. I purchased several of those and about 12 of her patterns. I absolutely love her patterns!!! Cynthia, as always, is so accomodating. She suggested that I step up my color palette and go with vibrant colors and yes, I did!!!
The second and final day, I went back to Cynthia and acquired some more raw silk (shameful, I know). I re-visited the Vogue Fabrics booth and was surprised at the new fabrics they had put out and of course, you know what happened. Yeah, I did (lol). Moving along, I "ran" into the Silhouette Pattern booth and did what I came to do. Pattern and fabrics was on order there, too. I finally found the gentleman with the helping hand tools and purchased a seam roll, tailors board and ham holder. Just got to order the cover for the tailors board. I was so tired of lugging those bags around that I went off the first day and forgot my coat!!! I was able to claim it the 2nd day after hearing that many of the women were coveting my coat and were hoping I did not claim (LOL)!!!! No, I didn't make it but it is cute (a red stretch satin Jessica Simpson purchased for $30.00 at Dillard's)!!! I love her too and would have been very saddened by losing her.
Well, my friends it was a great two days for me. My friend, a non-sewer, accompanied me at the last minute through 6.5 hours of torrential downpours. I am so grateful for her friendship. She purchased a massager (LOL) and has truly enjoyed it. While driving home on Friday, I received a surprise phone call from my friend Faye checking to see whether I attended. And the answer was a resounding YES! Not being able to see Faye during my trip was very disappointing but I was very happy to hear that she was attending on Saturday.
Well, I guess I have bored you all enough but do know, I had a shopping blast. As you can imagine, that retail shopping trip was a prescription worth filling!!! I took many pics of my fabrics but that darn computer is not working still. Will post pics when able. Until next time keep sewing and thanks for visiting my blog and allowing me to rant on and on and..... (lol)!
Until Next Time....
Wow--sounds like you had a marvelous time! Great! Now you have new fabric, patterns and tools. Make a beautiful thing--or two!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!! What a great time you had!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I am soooo very sorry that I did not get a chance to see you there. I am however, so very happy that you had those happy two days and got all of that beautiful fabric. I know we will see each other soon. I really need to plan a trip to Alabama - I feel like I have two sisters there!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're feeling ready to get out and attend the expo. Doesn't CG has just the most exquisite raw silk? It's nothing like the stuff you can buy at JoAnn's.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time! I haven't been to an expo in a long time. I have to go next time one comes to my area.
ReplyDeleteLadies, I did have a great time. Still planning what to do with all my goodies. We'll see. Keep sewing... Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDelete