Friday, January 29, 2010

I Want To Meet You!

Any of you going to the sewing expo in ATL?!? That has always been one of my favorite outings. Having attended a few, this year I feel so compelled to attend. Cleveland, OH and Florida would be my other choices. My sister, also a seamstress, suggested San Francisco!!! WoW!!! I've only been as far away as Arizona (birth of my granddaughter 6 years ago). Now, that is saying something (lol)!

Confession time. I have purchased fabric from Fabric.com in the last few days (1st time) and I am very pleased with the timely shipping and the quality of the fabric. You know when you're making those plans to sew, you have to do some retail therapy as well. As soon as I get my camera card back from DD, I will do a little show & tell.

De-cluttering? Oh, I forgot. I did not mention de-stashing of fabrics (lol). I am having so much fun laughing these days. I find that laughter has helped me through this time. Sometimes I laugh just to laugh.

I have also discovered a new set of friends (You All)! Your kind words and encouragement made my heart sing. Thank You All.

Well, looks as though we may be having a snow/ice storm in a few hours and I have settled in for some sewing!!!! Finally, please continue to pray for me. I am gradually finding my way and re-discovering myself.

Until The Next Time,
Brenda

12 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda and glad to hear from you. I plan to attend the Patternreview Fabric Excursion in Philadelphia in May 2010.

    Looking forward to pics of your fabric haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the sewing expo in Atlanta? I bracing for the ice that we are supposed to get. I filled a bunch of jugs with water since we have a well that is on an electric pump. We don't usually have trouble with our power but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look, could you please keep the snow and ice in Alabama?!!! My furnace went out on Tuesday (through prayer and a good repairman it was back up on Wednesday), but I don't want ICE! So good to here that you are laughing.
    I'm planning on one day at the Atlanta Expo - just one day - more days would mean I'd spend more money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! I want to go to a sewing expo but I already blew my "sewing vacation" money and a few days of leave from work on a sewing seminar. Have fun at whichever one you chose to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear from you! I live in NE CA so I won't be there, but I sure hope you have fun. Maybe you are getting our storm. We had 8 and 12 hour power outages and that was after the -20 storm we already had! Good luck :)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila,

    Thank you so very much for the comments and compassion. I would like more info on that convention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrienne,

    I received the flyer and the expo is March 11-13, 2010 in Atlanta,GA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, I feel you. The expo in ATL is March 11-13. After receiving my utility bill, I may have to reconsider this little trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, glad to hear that you were able to get things back in order. I will talk with you later. Luv U

    ReplyDelete
  10. Realtor,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and responding. Not sure when or if this visit will take place this year. I am so gunshy of bad weather and unknown places (lol). Hope to meet you someplace, somewhere.

    Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.