Friday, August 21, 2009

Topping Those Skirts Off - Pic Heavy











The tops below are so very comfy and I love them. The red top is from Vogue 8323 View C. The fabric is a knit from my collection. This pattern has princess seams, different necklines, bias tape finishing and stitched hems. I chose the scoop neckline with 3/4 length sleeves. Fitting this top is a dream.

The black pullover with 3/4 length sleeves is from Today's Fit by Sandra Betzina Vogue 8151. I love, love this pattern. The fit is figure flattering and the darts just really help create a great fit.

The sleeveless top is from Vogue 2925, which seemed to be a favorite top among bloggers. This top has shoulder pleats and slight side gathers. An easy sew and very attractive top.

Both black tops are made with a knit from my collection. There is an A-Line skirt, too!!! I went overboard when I purchased that knit, try eight yds.

The blue blouse is from Vogue 8193 View A, 3/4 length, pleated sleeves w/cuffs and a collar. The fabrics is from my stash. This top has not gotten any wear so far.

The plaid skirt, as well as the white skirt were made from McCall's 5590 (Pencil skirt). The white skirt is just under the knee lengthwise versus the plaid skirt which is the length from the envelope. I lined the plaid skirt, used boning in the waistband (side seams only) and piped the edges as a cool finish.

Sorry no pics of me in these garments. My photographer is not a really good sport(lol)!!

Until next time,
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Very nice tops. I love that blue blouse, with the pouf sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I guess you finally did get started sewing! - That is an understatement. You have really been producing. Congrats, now I will need to try and catch up with you (lol).
    P.S. We can have a "drag your pictures to where you want them to be" telephone conversation when ever you get time! Although I still have picture position problems sometimes, I think I can help. YOUR BLOG LOOKS FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having tops that can coordinate with different skirts and pants makes the wardrobe expand! I love that blue blouse, especially with the high waisted skirt in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.