Helloooo, I have been sewing. This is the latest. This Vogue pattern has been in my collection since its introduction (2006) and has finally made its way to the top of my to-do list.
This is a very easy pattern. Described as a Top, Dress, Sash and Skirt. I decided to make the dress with the sleeves froom the top and the sash. I sketched this out first to see how I would like and it worked. The dress is actually sleeveless with a back slit.
After making a muslin, I discovered alterations were needed for a high round back (1/4 inch- tapering to nothing), 1 inch waist lengthening, 2 inch below hip lengthening and I finally added 2inches to the hem area. Rather than use slits I added 2inches to the back slit area and made an enclosed vent. The dress is a pullover and after the alterations was a great fit. I made this dress in a Size 12.
The fabric is Silky Shantung which I interlined with French Fuse to help eliminate the wrinkling, which is characteristic of this fabric. I really cut the wrinkling down tremendously and was so easy to wear.
I highly recommend this pattern and may make the top and skirt later on. I love this pattern and am very pleased with the alterations. The high round back alteration was dead on. No gapping in the neck area. I was only able to get a front pic of me wearing, still have an uncooperative photographer (LOL)!!!
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Wonderful! I love that shantung too. You are really putting a dent in that stash - sort of (lol)!
ReplyDeleteThe obi is gorgeous on that dress. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteFaye and Gwen, thank you for commenting! Yes, Faye, I'm trying to make it work. Gwen, I did think it was called an obi belt, just wasn't sure all would agree.
ReplyDeleteLadies, thank you for commenting!!! I had recently thought about shutting down this blog.