This is a long post, trying to break up into two parts. I have been sewing. The dress is made from the OOP Vogue 7615 which is a close-fitting dress w/belt. Two views A-line w/below elbow sleeves or a slightly flared version w/long sleeves. The belt has pleats, narrow hems and hook & eye closure.
My fabric choice is, once again, from the Project Runway Collection '08. I chose the
a-line version w/3/4 length sleeves and omitted the belt (using a purchased one).
This dress was a breeze to make. However, watching televison and sewing is not in my best interest when sewing (LOL). If you will notice the back is slightly off where the bodice and waist seams join. While inserting the invisible zipper, I did not pay close enough attention (aargh). Anyways, it's okay, the belt hides that little goof!
That's a pretty, swingy-type dress. Very feminine.
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful rendition of transitional sewing. You can wear it now and it will also work well in the fall. You are teaching me something here!
ReplyDelete