Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Promise Keeping: Review Vogue 8919

Hello Fellow Bloggers:
Keeping my promise to review the garments shown in a peek preview earlier, I now give you Review #2.  Just a few thoughts before I begin:  I think I love the fabric,' pattern and minimalism, lol!

Having seen this during the debut of Vogue patterns, I did purchase the pattern without thinking whether I would EVER make it or not (close-fitting through bust)!  Reading my back story, you know I am totally self-conscience of this scenario.  Well, while going through my latest obsessive, compulsive websites, I stumbles upon a color combination (Khaki and Red)!  After thinking for several days I remembered that fabric purchase I made from Gorgeous Fabrics in several different colors of Ottoman Double Knit (Red, Khaki and Chocolate Brown) love this stuff.

After several days studying this pattern and fabric I decided to go for it.  What a match it was (exact colors and the weight of fabric I wanted).  Presentattion #2 follows:


Frontal View

Back View while Rushing For Auto Shot (NOT Good)
 
A Closer Look @ the Ottoman Knit (Side Seam)
She Looks Better On...
 
Back View On...
The BEST View

Side View




Well, My friends that is all for now.  I will continue to post throughout the night to catch up~~~

Until Next Time,
Brenda





















 
 

7 comments:

  1. Your dress and color combination are real winners. I keep picking up and putting that pattern back in the drawer. Maybe I need to purchase it during the next Vogue sale. Real nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! After looking at the pictures, I'm not certain that I like this look on me. I will try the wider hem next.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this is a beautiful combination and nice fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dorothy! Not certain about this look on me.

      Delete
  3. I love the colour combo. And the fit is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Angela. The color combo was inspired by Pinterest, lol.

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.