I have been silent for awhile BUT there is a BIG reason and I would like to thank those of you expressing concern for my absence. The reason for my silence? Ian, my new grandchild. Ian is the first-born of my first-born!
Yep! I flew to San Francisco to meet my new grandson! Ian is now the third grandchild and boy, am I happy! He is just gorgeous, sweet and a very happy baby. Having doting parents and grandparents around probably did not do well for him, lol. Words cannot explain my happiness for my son and his wife! I had given up hopes that my son would venture into parenthood BUT at 37 years of age he took the leap and he is overjoyed! Hurray, team Philip!!!!!!
I stayed two weeks and was so far behind in my daily routine that I was unable to blog about him or anything else once coming home. Everything was behind schedule and I DO mean everything. It has taken me the last two weeks to get myself together. Still plugging but a struggle. lol
While in San Fran, I ventured out to Joanne's Fabrics and several other venues but wasn't overwhelmed. COWBELLS! I did NOT make any fabric or pattern purchases. I did purchase two books: Pattern Cutting Made Easy and Claire B. Shaeffer's "Couture Sewing Tailoring Techniques". I have to say both books are full of wealth. In my opinion, Claire Shaeffer's latest book is the best in her series of books.
Well, I'm tired but wanted to drop by and thank all of you that sent e-mails and posted your concerns for me. I am fine but extremely tired, overloaded and working at full-throttle.
On a sewing note, I have not had time to finish my FEARLESS SEWING project but I will! I now need to make a dress for this weekend. I've been tracing and tweaking Burda 7187 (longer version) for two weeks! A simple dress but my mind is still on an hiatus. lol. I did order more Swedish Tracing Paper from Birch Street Clothing this week. I absolutely love this stuff! Not being able to attend the Sewing Expo in ATL, where I normally stock up, was my reason.
Well, just got in from rehearsals and I'm very tired so....I leave you with parting shots.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Yep! I flew to San Francisco to meet my new grandson! Ian is now the third grandchild and boy, am I happy! He is just gorgeous, sweet and a very happy baby. Having doting parents and grandparents around probably did not do well for him, lol. Words cannot explain my happiness for my son and his wife! I had given up hopes that my son would venture into parenthood BUT at 37 years of age he took the leap and he is overjoyed! Hurray, team Philip!!!!!!
I stayed two weeks and was so far behind in my daily routine that I was unable to blog about him or anything else once coming home. Everything was behind schedule and I DO mean everything. It has taken me the last two weeks to get myself together. Still plugging but a struggle. lol
While in San Fran, I ventured out to Joanne's Fabrics and several other venues but wasn't overwhelmed. COWBELLS! I did NOT make any fabric or pattern purchases. I did purchase two books: Pattern Cutting Made Easy and Claire B. Shaeffer's "Couture Sewing Tailoring Techniques". I have to say both books are full of wealth. In my opinion, Claire Shaeffer's latest book is the best in her series of books.
Well, I'm tired but wanted to drop by and thank all of you that sent e-mails and posted your concerns for me. I am fine but extremely tired, overloaded and working at full-throttle.
On a sewing note, I have not had time to finish my FEARLESS SEWING project but I will! I now need to make a dress for this weekend. I've been tracing and tweaking Burda 7187 (longer version) for two weeks! A simple dress but my mind is still on an hiatus. lol. I did order more Swedish Tracing Paper from Birch Street Clothing this week. I absolutely love this stuff! Not being able to attend the Sewing Expo in ATL, where I normally stock up, was my reason.
Well, just got in from rehearsals and I'm very tired so....I leave you with parting shots.
| Great Grandmother and Grandmother |
| Dad mimicking his look from birth pictures |
| Baby Ian at two weeks |
| Ian, Great Grand and my beautiful DIL |
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteThank you,Joyce.
DeleteAwww...he is so handsome!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteCongratulations, he's adorable. Must be in the air, my GD is 2 mos. old now, I truly understand your joy.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tanya and congratulations on your new GD! I only wish I didn't live so far away.
DeleteCongratulations, Brenda, what a wonderful blessing for your family!
ReplyDeleteThank you, JuliN! I am extremely happy for my DS.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and the family.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sheila!
DeleteCongrtulations! Ttheere is nothing like a new life to bring the most happiness to a family.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Gwen! New life puts a few things in perspective, lol.
DeleteGood reason for your MIAness! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Faye! The family is very excited.
DeleteCongrats, grandchildren are so much fun. DGD has made a serious dent in my sewing time.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Towanda! The NB lives so far away but an eight y.o. and a six y.o. live nearer and I really enjoy them. LOL, I wish GC was that great excuse!
DeleteGreat looking family!!! Congratulations!!! What a blessing!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Gods girl! Another blessing indeed.
DeleteAwww, congratulations! Your grandson is adorable.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Graca. I'm just seeing this post.
DeleteI'm so late Lady, please forgive me! I wanted to send you much congrats!!!! That's one pretty little grandson you have there!!! Enjoy spoiling him!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Victoria. My spoiling game can't work with this one, he's in SF and I'm in 'Bama. Shameful I know. lol.
Delete