In my last post, I mentioned pictures to show but could not get them to upload. So here goes with a little description of each.
 |
OOP VOGUE 7767 (Yr 200?)
Flared, 20-Gore Skirt- lower calf or evening length. I chose the evening lgth, with coutour waist ( I opted for a one-button waistband), invisible side zipper and flounce. |
 |
| Sorry, I didn't get a snap of the waistband |
 |
| The actual fabric- just lovely! |
 |
| The flounce before hemming or attaching to the skirt |
 |
| The hem- used 1/2" wide Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 with minimum steam, perfecto! |
 |
| The skirt before adding the flounce |
Remember the black Couture Soft Leather Look Faux . This skirt took a considerable amount to time to make with all the pressing. Otherwise, it went together nicely. I opted not to topstitch all those seams. Sewn with a regular pressure foot, 3.5 stitch length and a 75/11 stretch needle. I love this skirt! I have sewn this skirt about 3xs in the past BUT this time the thing was way to big for me. I forgot to remove some of the gores, as I'm 15lbs lighter now. It has a new owner and fits her perfectly! I WILL make this again to fit me. Bet on it! So flowy and buttery soft. GREAT!
NEXT UP: Skirts made using McCall's 6654 ( Semi-fitted or loose-fitting skirts in 7 lengths, elasticized waistband and narrow hems. These skirts are gorgeous on. All were made in ponte roma knits (some from the stash and a couple used with newly acquired fabrics, lol). JUST LOVE THESE.
Enjoy.
 |
| Zig-Zaggin' IT! (Side View) |
 |
| FRONT VIEW |
 |
| COMBO -FULL FRONT VIEW |
 |
| CLOSE-UP |
 |
| SIDE/BACK VIEW (7/8" Sway-back Adjustment) |
 |
| MODIFIED VERSION OF SEMI-FITTED SKIRT. Measured 6" front Side Front Pattern, added 4.5" wide panel, added 5/8" S.A. to front sides and panel) |
 |
| SEMI-FITTED (7/8" sway-back adjustment & lengthened 1") |
 |
| 28" length skirt with the ever popular Vogue 8815 Top (Heavy Ponte Knit) Added a 2" wedge to front and back peplum pattern piece for more fullness |
 |
| SEMI-FITTED SKIRT w/ same adjustments & Burda Cape |
 |
| OOP BURDA 8882 (2000) Pattern is one piece cut on fold-I left edges unfinished |
 |
| MY FAVORITE KNIT TOP - OOP Butterick 6084 (2000) Fitted top w/neckline variations, above elbow or quarter sleeves & stitched hems. |
 |
| THE Pattern --OOP Butterick 6084 (2000) |
 |
| McCall's 6654 (2012) 7/8" Sway-Back Adjustment and lengthened 3" ( wanted to wear my 3" heels, lol) |
Well, my friends, that's all for now! These pictures were so slow to upload. Now, I know why I grew discouraged!!!
(NOTE: The loose-fitting skirt runs rather big. The semi-fitted skirt was fine). Okay
Until Next Time,
BRENDA
I forgot- after making just a panel of the blk/wht leopard print fabric (1 yd purchased) I had to make something with the remaining piece. Voila! I remembered Mimi G's DIY Pencil Skirt and this is what it looks like! BTW, both the Modified and Mimi G's DIY Pencil Skirt were make for a client.
She loved both. Thanks, Mimi, a great tutorial!
 |
| Back View, Seam Nearly Invisible! |
 |
| Front View - Pretty! |
You have been very productive. I love your pieces especially the Ponte Knit Black skirt and Top (V8815). All of your skirts and tops look very good.
ReplyDeleteOk. The heavy pictures excited me. After making 30 scarves I was having a little trouble getting back to my garment sewing. You made (as pee usual) some greas classy knit pieces. Love me some knit!
ReplyDeleteGreat garments and love the leather skirt... awesome.
ReplyDeleteMy Goodness! You are a sewing dynamo! So many garments! The leather skirt is fantastic.
ReplyDeletewhew! Everything,...Everything is marvelous! I love your work!
ReplyDeleteThank you so ever much Ladies for the lovely comments! I have been sewing plenty lately. I think my MOJO is BAaack, finally.
ReplyDeleteI really can't contain myself! I believe I left blogland too soon. Who will I share this happiness with if not for those that enjoy the same. LOL
Thanks for your comment on my blog! The Vogue 8815 seems like a really nice pattern. The heavy ponte knit you picked for it is just divine -- it looks so classy. I will remember this good pairing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrienne for dropping by. Not certain how I discovered your blog but I love it. The Vogue 8815 pattern (peplum top) is certain to be a "Pattern Favorite" for 2012. It is easy and classy when sewing with weighted fabric.
ReplyDeleteA viewer asked about the sleeves. I did the flat method rather than easing. The fabric had the correct amount of stretch to accomodate this use of this method. Carefully distributing the ease was the key to getting the sleeve to properly agree with the armseye. I recommend this method, using your muslin, prior to cutting the fashion fabric.
ReplyDeleteYou have definitely been super productive! The leather skirt is lovely. My favorite is the McCall skirt and Butterick top combo - they look stylish and comfortable.
ReplyDelete