Sunday, December 9, 2012

Had Enough!

If you've ever watched the show, "Hoarders", I believe I am one.  I hoard fabric, gadgets, patterns and anything sewing related.  I mentioned sometime back about the pattern collection.  Recently, I discovered that I have 3-4 of the same patterns.  I feel so ashamed BUT I know they could have a happy home.   PROBLEM:  I have tried to use the "Random" thingy to do a few Give-Aways which never happened.  

Now that I've decided to acknowledge my lack of techological savvy, anger for lacking, etc., I'm seeking the help of you all.  I want to give away over 100 patterns (I know I could sell them but that's not the point) HOW do I get this darn "Random" thing to work.  THERE, I have swallowed my pride!

Any help is welcomed.  Thanks in advance.  I want to do 10 Give-Aways with some of the same or varied patterns.  Where in the world do I begin?!?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Until Next Time,
Brenda (Covered)

6 comments:

  1. I generated my own random number program in excel for work. Just checked out random.org and at the top right of their webpage is the random number generator.

    I can send you step-by-step screenshot instructions if you like.

    I totally understand wanting to just give stuff away after while. I'm at that point with the Midas' cave of treasure I've inherited on my mom's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, my email = educatedassistant AT gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Julin was able to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to use the random generator a couple of times but could not get it to work on my blog. I just opted to use the old names in a hat and draw one out. Primitive I know, but I had no other choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks JuliN, Sheila and Faye for the feedback. I'm sorry for just now responding but working in the field after not fully recouping has me somewhat crawling at a snails' pace. lol

    JuliN, I would greatly appreciate the walk through. My email acct is: bcj49@bellsouth.net

    Faye was so accomodating awhile back in helping me post pictures! A great big THANKS to Faye.

    Ladies, from the bottom of my heart, I really appreciate you stopping by!!! Love and kisses and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a little on the technical-lacking side of life...so I always go back to the good old 'names-in-a-hat' method...works every time without any stress. Good luck with the give-aways. And don't feel too bad about having a few of the same patterns - I am also well-known for this skill!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.