Hello Sewnistas:
I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. The weather has turned cooler here and I'm so happy. I really feel the fall sewing bug! We have all seen this huge leather trend for the season. Sometime ago, will searching Hancock Fabrics' website I came across some rather interesting imitation leather. Well, I ordered 3 yds of one kind and 3 yds of the other which has now been discontinued.
ANYWAYS, I wanted leather but so afraid to sew with it right now. SOooo I decided to open that site, which I had favored and hooray!!! Hancock Fabr1ics have now placed one of the imitation leathers on sale "Spot The Bolt Sale". Original price- $19.99, I purchased original cuts for $6.99 and NOW it is on sale for $3.99/yd!!! WoW! I also got a 15% discount and shipping was $4.95.
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=122502415
Needless to say, within 30 hrs my package arrived. Now, I can experiment all I want. I want apologize for enabling because many are like me-want to experiment with leather but unsure about using the "real" thing right now. Go get yours!!! You will be surprised by the closeness of real leather.
Below are pics. This fabric is super soft and flexible. Thin and so lovely. That's it for now.
BTW, click on pics for a larger view.
Well, I've done my good deed for the weekend. This is a long holiday weekend for me so off to do some sewing.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. The weather has turned cooler here and I'm so happy. I really feel the fall sewing bug! We have all seen this huge leather trend for the season. Sometime ago, will searching Hancock Fabrics' website I came across some rather interesting imitation leather. Well, I ordered 3 yds of one kind and 3 yds of the other which has now been discontinued.
ANYWAYS, I wanted leather but so afraid to sew with it right now. SOooo I decided to open that site, which I had favored and hooray!!! Hancock Fabr1ics have now placed one of the imitation leathers on sale "Spot The Bolt Sale". Original price- $19.99, I purchased original cuts for $6.99 and NOW it is on sale for $3.99/yd!!! WoW! I also got a 15% discount and shipping was $4.95.
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=122502415
Needless to say, within 30 hrs my package arrived. Now, I can experiment all I want. I want apologize for enabling because many are like me-want to experiment with leather but unsure about using the "real" thing right now. Go get yours!!! You will be surprised by the closeness of real leather.
Below are pics. This fabric is super soft and flexible. Thin and so lovely. That's it for now.
BTW, click on pics for a larger view.
| This fabric is gorgeous and you can see how light weight it is. |
| The backside of fabric-thin! |
| That brown UPS truck made me happy! lol |
Until Next Time,
Brenda
This is something different to sew with - can't wait to see what you whip up...
ReplyDeleteCool fabric... looking forward to your garment.
ReplyDeleteWow, looks nice and thanks for enabling.
ReplyDelete