Simplicity Creative Group - Burda Style Pants
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to drop in to show that I have been sewing. I recently made Burda 7122 pants (last week) just getting around to posting about them.
Pattern Description: Fitted pants with invisible zipper.
Fabric Suggestions: Gabardine, lightweight wools and crepe fabrics.
Sizing: 8-20
I chose a polyester gabardine, purchased from Hancock fabrics. I love these pants and I love the fit of Burda pants patterns. They do have a much curvier crotch than the Big 4 patterns. I took my measurements using my longest flexible ruler and marking the front crotch and back crotch measurements. I compared these measurements to a pair of my favorite pants by Tahari and the match was exact! Got to love it when that happens.
I did not have to make any adjustments to this pattern. Be warned, these pants are extremely long!
I chose view A with the faced waistband and omitted the belt loops for this pair. As you see in the pictures, I'm wearing a 3-1/2" heel, and they are long! The next pair will be shortened by 2". The finished with of the legh is 26 inches!!!
The width is an added bonus for me as I have loved wide legs for years. I did a blind stitched hem which is 1-5/8" deep. I do highly recommend this pattern for those of us that like flat-front pants.
Below are front and back pictures of McCall's 6400 which I posted about a few weeks ago. This top still makes me feel anxious! lol
Well, that's it for today, I cut out Vogue 1312 last night and hope to sew it Sunday afternooon.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to drop in to show that I have been sewing. I recently made Burda 7122 pants (last week) just getting around to posting about them.
Pattern Description: Fitted pants with invisible zipper.
Fabric Suggestions: Gabardine, lightweight wools and crepe fabrics.
Sizing: 8-20
I chose a polyester gabardine, purchased from Hancock fabrics. I love these pants and I love the fit of Burda pants patterns. They do have a much curvier crotch than the Big 4 patterns. I took my measurements using my longest flexible ruler and marking the front crotch and back crotch measurements. I compared these measurements to a pair of my favorite pants by Tahari and the match was exact! Got to love it when that happens.
I did not have to make any adjustments to this pattern. Be warned, these pants are extremely long!
I chose view A with the faced waistband and omitted the belt loops for this pair. As you see in the pictures, I'm wearing a 3-1/2" heel, and they are long! The next pair will be shortened by 2". The finished with of the legh is 26 inches!!!
The width is an added bonus for me as I have loved wide legs for years. I did a blind stitched hem which is 1-5/8" deep. I do highly recommend this pattern for those of us that like flat-front pants.
| Flexible Ruler |
| 26" leg width |
| Love the fit of the front crotch |
| I have no idea why this back looks so woonky, actuall showing a panty line when there is none! |
| A side view |
Below are front and back pictures of McCall's 6400 which I posted about a few weeks ago. This top still makes me feel anxious! lol
| Front View |
| Back View |
Until Next Time,
Brenda
The pants look fabulous on you... Love the color. I picked up a few patterns yesterday day at joanns, but 7122 was sold out.
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of flat front pants as well - this colour is super on you!
ReplyDeleteJust discovered your blog via PatternReview.
Off to have a peek around your blog...
You did a knock out job on those pats sister girl. Love the fit and the color fabric you chose. I like the top on you too.
ReplyDeleteWow Brenda, those ARE great fitting pants! Love the color! That's been a long time goal of mine, to move out of my box...and make a pair of vibrantly colored pants!
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies for dropping by and leaving your comments. Myra, go ahead and give this pattern a try. I believe you will be happy and amazed witht he fit. These patterns have a curvier crotch which helps in the fitting.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Judith and welcome to my blog!