V8818 | Misses' Skirt | Skirts | Vogue Patterns
Hello Blogland, this is the seamstress who rarely finds time to blog! lol. It has gotten too confusing to me. MUST do better. Anyway, this review is about my new found maxi skirt pattern, Vogue 8818. I love, love, love this skirt.
Pattern Description:
Misses' Skirt: A, B, C with side pockets and narrow (5/8) hem. I sewed View C with the elasticized drawstring waist. All skirts are fully lined.
Did It Look Like The Pattern:
Yes! The pattern is sized XS-S-M. I made a Medium. After the bias settles it should be fine. Probably could have made a Small. I did omit the pockets because I never use them and they only add fabric to my hip area. NO WAY! One pattern piece cut 4 times in fabric and lining. Whew!
Fabric/Notions/adornments:
This pattern uses a lot of fabric! My fabric is a stretchy 100% polyester purchased from Hancock (3-3/8 yds @ 60") and the lining is the Hang-Free lining also purchased from Hancock but in my stash (3-3/8 @ 60"). I did purchase two cord stops to add to the ends of the drawstrings. BTW, this pattern also call for elastic in the waist and the two fabric ends are attached. Nice!
Alterations:
None. The pattern shows the finished length to be 42". That thing is growing!
Will I Make It Again and Would I Recommend this pattern?
Yes and Yes!!!! I love this pattern. It is an easy sew. Took me some time to cut out the actual fabric because of the stretch but this is an easy sew. I look at the instructions once and the rest was sewing time. I will make this again, very soon!
Hello Blogland, this is the seamstress who rarely finds time to blog! lol. It has gotten too confusing to me. MUST do better. Anyway, this review is about my new found maxi skirt pattern, Vogue 8818. I love, love, love this skirt.
Pattern Description:
Misses' Skirt: A, B, C with side pockets and narrow (5/8) hem. I sewed View C with the elasticized drawstring waist. All skirts are fully lined.
Did It Look Like The Pattern:
Yes! The pattern is sized XS-S-M. I made a Medium. After the bias settles it should be fine. Probably could have made a Small. I did omit the pockets because I never use them and they only add fabric to my hip area. NO WAY! One pattern piece cut 4 times in fabric and lining. Whew!
Fabric/Notions/adornments:
This pattern uses a lot of fabric! My fabric is a stretchy 100% polyester purchased from Hancock (3-3/8 yds @ 60") and the lining is the Hang-Free lining also purchased from Hancock but in my stash (3-3/8 @ 60"). I did purchase two cord stops to add to the ends of the drawstrings. BTW, this pattern also call for elastic in the waist and the two fabric ends are attached. Nice!
Alterations:
None. The pattern shows the finished length to be 42". That thing is growing!
Will I Make It Again and Would I Recommend this pattern?
Yes and Yes!!!! I love this pattern. It is an easy sew. Took me some time to cut out the actual fabric because of the stretch but this is an easy sew. I look at the instructions once and the rest was sewing time. I will make this again, very soon!
| Bias settling |
| Traced pattern to aid in cutting w/o moving pattern |
| Drawstring Casing |
| Cord Stops (optional) |
| Lining |
| Fully Lined
Well that's it my friends.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
|
That's a cute skirt. I would call it either "Dalmation skirt" or "Cruella DuVille"!
ReplyDeleteThanks Gwen! What a great idea I like "Dalmation" skirt. I just can't wait to show it on the body but the thing just keeps growing. lol It feels so lovely against the skin and just flows.
ReplyDelete