V8815 | Misses' Top | Summer Sewing Patterns | Vogue Patterns
Hello,
I thought I would give this top a try after reading several reviews and seeing amazing results. This top is so fashionable and I do love peplums! Intended for me but way too big. I want go into alot of details but this top is so cute and I will make this again for me in the correct size. lol
Misses' Top in 3 Views. I made View A, the sleeveless version in a cotton pique purchased some time ago. All tops are fitted, have raied waist and narrow stitched hems. Pattern is labeled Very Easy and that it was. This view also has an invisible zipper and the top fits 1" above waist. NO!
I love inner details and therefore I did use purchased bias tape to finish the neckline, armholes AND the hem! Well here are the pictures. Thank you for allowing me to share with you.
Well, that's it!!!!
Until Next Time,
Brenda J.
Hello,
I thought I would give this top a try after reading several reviews and seeing amazing results. This top is so fashionable and I do love peplums! Intended for me but way too big. I want go into alot of details but this top is so cute and I will make this again for me in the correct size. lol
Misses' Top in 3 Views. I made View A, the sleeveless version in a cotton pique purchased some time ago. All tops are fitted, have raied waist and narrow stitched hems. Pattern is labeled Very Easy and that it was. This view also has an invisible zipper and the top fits 1" above waist. NO!
I love inner details and therefore I did use purchased bias tape to finish the neckline, armholes AND the hem! Well here are the pictures. Thank you for allowing me to share with you.
| The inside finish |
| The finished top |
| 1" wide French Fuse Interfacing used to support invisible zipper. My usual method. |
| Lite Steam-A-Seam is used to secure zipper while sewing. |
| Left side is zipper sewn and right side shows the Steam-A-Seam applied. This is a great notion! |
| The Invisible Zipper |
| A little advertising and the finished neckline with purchased bias tape. |
| The finished hemline 5/8" using the purchased bias tape. This method really gave the peplum some umph! |
Until Next Time,
Brenda J.
Absolutely beautiful, love the inside detail.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful Brenda!
ReplyDeleteThanks Aminat, I hope the lucky recipient of this top will feel the love! lol
ReplyDeleteThanks Faye. Just sewing here. Can't wait to finish the one for myself with a few more added details.
ReplyDeleteI love this top!!! I have this pattern and not made it yet...I have to move it up in the sewing que!! I have never used steam a seam before and I'm curious as to it's uses. I'll be taking a look at that too...thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeletePretty top and like the bias trim detail.
ReplyDeleteThanks Myra and Sheila. I love this top. It was too big on me, guess I will gift it. Myra, the Steam-A-Seam is very nice. It is a double-sided tape which you can use in hems, decorative items, etc. One side has paper which you peel off once you've positioned the opposite side of your project.
ReplyDeleteIn this instance, I applied one side (zipper length + 1"), peeled off the paper backing, positioned the zipper, ironed in place and sewed the zipper in. I did the same on the reverse side of the fabric. This takes a few extra minutes but is well worth the time spent! It actually keeps the zipper from crawling. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Because this top was too big for me, I am making another one that fits. Extra going ons, of course. I will post about it along with a picture.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous top - love the fabric choice too! Was it too big because the recommended measurements on the pattern weren't accurate?
ReplyDelete