Hello,
It has been a long time since I last blogged but I have been sewing! The month of May is very special for me as my daughter's birthday is May 27th and she will celebrate her 30th birthday. WoW!!! I can't believe how time has flown by seems like yesterday.
Anyway, enough babbling. After going through the piles of fabric, I pulled out several yard and yards of matte jersey purchased over time and decided to jump on the maxi bandwagon. I wear maxi dresses and skirts all the time. Being a musician, I prefer to wear longer dresses and skirts when playing in churches. I wear the longer skirts/dresses mostly when I'm playing organ. Maxi anything is flattering for my body-type, as well. Using Butterick 3575, an OOP pattern I decided to make skirts in the matte jerseys. This pattern is absolutely worth its' weight in gold. I purchased this pattern in 2002 and have made at least 20 skirts from it!!!! That Nice. Anywho, the pattern consists of an Ankle length flard skirt, loose fitting straight legged pants (elastic waist for both), semi-fitted unlined straight vest w/collar, Loose-fitting unlined straight jacket w/long sleeves, shoulder pads and collar. It also has a below waist pullover top w/long sleeves. Many options with this pattern. I
So far this month, I've made 11 skirts in different colors!!!! The matter jersey is so airy, comfortable and a breeze to work with, as I'm sure many of you already know. These skirts feel like a second-skin.
Now for the show..... Lights, cameras, please.
What is this? I purchased this display rack from a bridal store which is going out of business for the sum of $20. Only wish I had room for more!
I have made this skirt in a couple of other colors and will post as soon as I get a photo. Hope you enjoy.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
It has been a long time since I last blogged but I have been sewing! The month of May is very special for me as my daughter's birthday is May 27th and she will celebrate her 30th birthday. WoW!!! I can't believe how time has flown by seems like yesterday.
Anyway, enough babbling. After going through the piles of fabric, I pulled out several yard and yards of matte jersey purchased over time and decided to jump on the maxi bandwagon. I wear maxi dresses and skirts all the time. Being a musician, I prefer to wear longer dresses and skirts when playing in churches. I wear the longer skirts/dresses mostly when I'm playing organ. Maxi anything is flattering for my body-type, as well. Using Butterick 3575, an OOP pattern I decided to make skirts in the matte jerseys. This pattern is absolutely worth its' weight in gold. I purchased this pattern in 2002 and have made at least 20 skirts from it!!!! That Nice. Anywho, the pattern consists of an Ankle length flard skirt, loose fitting straight legged pants (elastic waist for both), semi-fitted unlined straight vest w/collar, Loose-fitting unlined straight jacket w/long sleeves, shoulder pads and collar. It also has a below waist pullover top w/long sleeves. Many options with this pattern. I
So far this month, I've made 11 skirts in different colors!!!! The matter jersey is so airy, comfortable and a breeze to work with, as I'm sure many of you already know. These skirts feel like a second-skin.
Now for the show..... Lights, cameras, please.
What is this? I purchased this display rack from a bridal store which is going out of business for the sum of $20. Only wish I had room for more!
I have made this skirt in a couple of other colors and will post as soon as I get a photo. Hope you enjoy.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Skirts on the lawn - how beautiful! Are some of them made from knits???
ReplyDeleteJust love all the colors. You look great!
ReplyDeleteI reread the post and saw that the knit you used was matte jersey. Is it the same as is carried by Hancocks?
ReplyDeleteThanks Jackie, the colors are refreshing.
ReplyDeleteFaye, yes, all of the skirts are made from matte jersey, easy to sew and they feel so nice against the skin. I've had these knits in my stash for some time but all were purchased from Hancocks. The white, black and brown were purchased recently