Hello My Sewing Friends! It has been quite awhile since I last blogged but sewing has been going on here in the River City, Alabama! On New Years' Day, the most loved blogger called to check in to see how I was doing. Needless to say, I was ectastic and very happy to hear from FAYE LEWIS, my friend. After the pleasantries were exchanged and a little chit-chat, Faye expressed her desire for me to get back into sewing and blogging of the progress. Friends, that was truly inspiring for me. I immediately got up and went into my sewing room. Now, here goes, Faye. THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart!!!!!! This is a long post but I will try to break it up, somewhat. Haven't blogged in such a long time, confused! lol
V8780 Misses' Jacket And Pants Search Vogue Patterns
When this pattern first debuted, I knew it would be a project for me. So here goes! BTW, thank you fellow bloggers for continuing to follow me eventhough there was absolutely nothing to follow!
SIZE:
This pattern is sized (XS-S-M) (L-XL-XXL) I chose the Medium, glad I did as this coat fits very snug through the arms.
Description:
Fitted, unline jacet in two lengths. Front extending into collar, pockets are stitched (omitted) and the wrong sides show on collar. I made the longer length.
Fabric:
A heavy-weight knit suting from Hancock Fabrics. This fabric is so very nice. Planning to make a suit from the rest (purchased 10 yds.) lol Grey color; 70% poly/25% rayon/5% spandex.
Alterations:
Lengthened the bodice (F & B) 1" and sleeves were lengthened 1.5" I could have lengthened only .5".
Dislikes or Likes:
There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this coat. I love the lower back section has a bit of flare. I will make this coat again in the color red. Pattern went together easily. No seam finishes on the edges. If you have not tried this pattern give it a go!
V8780 Misses' Jacket And Pants Search Vogue Patterns
When this pattern first debuted, I knew it would be a project for me. So here goes! BTW, thank you fellow bloggers for continuing to follow me eventhough there was absolutely nothing to follow!
SIZE:
This pattern is sized (XS-S-M) (L-XL-XXL) I chose the Medium, glad I did as this coat fits very snug through the arms.
Description:
Fitted, unline jacet in two lengths. Front extending into collar, pockets are stitched (omitted) and the wrong sides show on collar. I made the longer length.
Fabric:
A heavy-weight knit suting from Hancock Fabrics. This fabric is so very nice. Planning to make a suit from the rest (purchased 10 yds.) lol Grey color; 70% poly/25% rayon/5% spandex.
Alterations:
Lengthened the bodice (F & B) 1" and sleeves were lengthened 1.5" I could have lengthened only .5".
Dislikes or Likes:
There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this coat. I love the lower back section has a bit of flare. I will make this coat again in the color red. Pattern went together easily. No seam finishes on the edges. If you have not tried this pattern give it a go!
Well, allow me to be the first to comment on your wonderful jacket. I'M IMPRESSED! I've avoided that pattern, just wasn't sure it was "me", but after seeing your rendition, I'm adding it to my never-ending pattern list. Glad to see that you are indulging in what you love - SEWING wonderful fashion.
ReplyDeleteHappy new year....Your jacket is so beautiful, love the details and your choice of fabric
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!! Your jacket is lovely!
ReplyDeleteYou did such a beautiful job on this jacket, and in the gorgeous gray it looks completely different than what was on the package. Love it with the red turtleneck and gold jewelry. Now I can't wait to try it myself! Thanks!
ReplyDelete