Tuesday, January 24, 2012

V8688 | Misses' Top | View All | Vogue Patterns

F/B joined together @ sleeves

Neckline
                                                                            
V8688 Misses' Top View All Vogue Patterns
This pattern has three views, close-fitting tops cut on the grosswise grain, dolman sleeves, stitched hems.  I made View B with three-quarter length sleeves with a scooped neck.

Top Front

                                                                        Top Back

Fabric:  A ponte knit purchased from Hancock Fabrics a year ago. A medium weight knit that feels simply devine. 

Sizing: XS-M; L-XXL.  I cut a size Small (8-10).

Alterations: Minimal.  1.5" added to lengthen midriff on the Front; Lengthened back midriff 1" and added the additional .5" to bottom of back.  Sewed 5/8" seams all around tapering in and and 1/2" seams from high waist to hip.  Rather than purchasing bias tape, I made bias tape from the fashion fabric.

Like/Dislikes:
No dislikes.  I really love this top and had envisioned this fabric as another top when I purchased it.  I
plan on making View A in a stretch lace anyday now. lol .  Here are some pics showing the overall view, wobble-stitching at the neckline.  I have not decided to keep the length or shorten so there is no hem, just turned up where it would be sewn. 



2 comments:

  1. OK, I really like it. So glad I have that pattern already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Faye, I love this top. I believe I'm more in love with the fabric. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.