Sunday, September 26, 2010

Vogue's New Fall Patterns!!!

The new Vogue patterns are up on their site and believe me, I don't need another pattern but..... Well, these are my picks. I absolutely love vintage vogue patterns and consider these two must-haves.

V8700


V1211


V1214


V8687


V8686


Well, I guess I've snoop shopped enough. I have been rearranging my fabrics and am so very pleased. Now I can acutally get to sewing.

Until Next Time,
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. These are unique styles and nice pattern picks. Glad to hear that you are getting your sewing space organized - MINE IS A MESS! I bought a 3 drawer lateral file cabinet and two rolling desk chairs last week. - It's all in the sewing room, but it's making me feel a bit catastrophic right now. Hopefully this too will pass. I had that feeling for a while after I got my ceilings stippled. Felt like I needed to walk around the house with my head ducked down for months, and the thank God it passed.

    I've only had time to put my Vogue, New Look, Kwik Sew and Independent patterns in the new cabinet. I've still got the Butterick, McCall's and Simplicity patterns to go. I don't think they are all going to fit. I was hoping that I could get ALL patterns in the same place. But even if not it will still be an improvement. I keep the McCall's in a regular 4 drawer chest of drawers. If I can get them all moved over the I'll store all my knit fabrics in the chest of drawers. The Simplicity patterns are really STUFFED where they are now so something must be done with those. What's a girl to do???

    I've been slowly working on the Lady Grey coat - had some problems to work out. Are you still planning on making it? Or, are you moving on to that Burda Karl Lagerfield jewel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye, I have been very reluctant to join the Lady Grey Coat sew-along. Trying to get this massive amount of fabric in so order took 2 days, can you believe that?

    I want to join, have the pattern and the perfect fabric, which I purchased at Sir's Fabrics in TN. Gorgeous and so very suitable for this coat. Maybe, I will give it a second thought. (lol). At least you've started. That Karl Lagerfeld jacket is so calling my name. Trying to find fabric is another story. I believe I have the exact fabric in my storage unit. Finding the time to explore is another story within itself. Shameful, I know.

    I love your idea of storing patterns in the bilateral cabinets. Don't give me anymore ideas (lol). I could not get in the sewing room to focus on any project due to the claustrophobic feeling I had everytime I walked in. Lord, help me. I almost feel like I'm becoming a hoarder (LOL).
    Oh well. Something soon, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.