Monday, August 17, 2009

A Feel Good Dress - Vogue 8592 (Pics and long post)









To celebrate my birthday, I made myself a dress from Vogue 8592 and does it ever feel good. I saw this pattern and it was love at first site. This fabric is part of the Runway Collection from Hancock Fabrics. I loved it but never quite felt what to make of it. Luckily, I purchased three yards, still not enough, but it worked. This dress is so easy and very comfortable. This dress is shown in two lengths with two different raglan sleeve lengths. I chose the longer length with 3/4 length sleeves. Love it! To gather the neckline I used Elastic Guides purchased from Nancy's Sewing some years ago. These guides are excellent and come packaged in 3 lengths (1/4" 1/2" and 3/4") and are fantastic when inserting elastic.

I made a few alterations to accommodate my figure. The pictures included will speak to these changes. Being long wasted, I added 1-3/8" to the back tapering to 1" at the sides and added 1" in length to the waist measurement. I think, I could have altered the length between the armholes by about 1/2", but it's okay.

After the alterations were done, I had to shorten this pattern by 3" due to a lack of fabric. Overall, I love this dress and will probably make one or two more in some sassy fabric. Many compliments on this dress Sunday. I think the fabric really elevated this dress. The next time, I will make it with the 3" to the length. I love long dresses as well as short.

Sorry for the layout, still trying to learn this stuff. I enjoyed my sewing session and have more garments to post. Until next time, happy sewing to you all.

Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Your dress looks very nice on you. I love that print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and comfy looking dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at my friend! Is that the dress you were working on Saturday! I love it, it's unique, and that print is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gwen, thank you. Julia it is very comfy and feel so good against the skin. This fabric is awesome. I purchased several pieces. Faye this is one of the dresses I was working on when we spoke.

    Ladies, you are so kind and inspiring. Until the next time, keep sewing.

    Brenda (N_Vogue)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress to have during the hot weather season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for the kind words! Until next time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.