Thursday, August 27, 2009

Contemplations and Babbling!!!



Okay Blog land, it is early morning and I'm still awake contemplating the previous days' sewing project. Prepped two patterns (I don't usually cut my patterns, but trace them using Swedish Tracing paper) but this time I decided to take the giant leap and cut the actual patterns, fusing each piece with fusible woven interfacing.
Mercy Me!!!

Afterwards, I tissue fitted Mollie (dress form) and discovered that one of the patterns had an obvious defect!!! Mercy Me!!!. The next pattern involves a bias skirt with an enormous amount of fabric. Spent three hours trying to eliminate some of the excess fabric. Even though this skirt pattern is designed with a bias layout and markings, it still has an enormous amount of fabric. Four attempts later, I was just absolutely tired of the fabric and the darn pattern!!

The pics above gives you a glimpse at the patterns and fabrics I so lovingly fondled, obsessed over and made every attempt at controlling my need to just cut into and suffer through tons of guilt and insane madness at not making a muslin or tissue fitting said patterns.

Well, now that I have blamed the patterns, maybe today I'll have greater results.
Thanks for listening. Only those that sew can understand my angst. Not sure who to blame if all fails today (LOL)!!!!

Until Next Time,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and becoming one of my followers. I post anywhere from once to twice a week. I hope you enjoy your visits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.