WoW! it has been awhile since my last post. I've been sewing, ok? I made several garments but having a hard time with this video/camcorder (pics are not the best). I am finally convinced that a purchase of a "real" camera is in order (LOL)!
Oh well, here goes and please excuse the pics. This pattern is classified as an "Easy, 1 hour dress". It is easy and took about 2.5 hours to complete including alterations, cutting out and sewing. I read through the instructions and found no need to use them during construction. This pattern is a great beginner pattern and is stylish and very comfortable.
The fabric is a lycra knit from my stash from last year. I love, love, love it!!! It was purchased for something else but....
I made View D (size 14) straight from the pattern with the exception of lenthening the waistline and lengthening 4 inches to accomodate my height. This pattern (view) had 4 pieces which includes the pocket. I did not add the pocket. I believe the fabric choice really makes this dress.
I'm loving this knit!!!! I feel so beautiful in it, too!!!
That is a very pretty maxi!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic in this dress. It sounds like it would also be very comfy! Spaces? hum? Maybe you can go back to your post to edit and try pulling them back together with the delete key. I know I played around with the font and color on a post recently and it came out all weird, not at all like it looked on the draft. Sometimes my photos aren't where I tried to put them either.
ReplyDeleteThanks Gwen and Julia. This dress is very comfortable. I think I will give that pattern another workout (LOL).
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS!!! I know that you won't believe it, but I started working on that same pattern last night. Thought I'd be able to finish it tonight but of course did not. I've still got to finish inserting the elastic and do the hem. It's nice to see how you accessorized too.
ReplyDeleteLovely maxi dress and it looks very comfortable.
ReplyDeleteLook good! I have that pattern and am wanting to sew it myself. But of course, there are so many other as well and so little time! Love the blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks you all for the comments. Faye, I absolutely love accessorizing be it jewelry,shoes, hair ornaments, etc. Another hobbie I guess (LOL).
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful dress and you are wearing it with mega-style.I love it.Thanks for visiting my blog because it led me to yours.I'll be visiting often.
ReplyDelete