Sunday, June 21, 2009

Crystal & White -- Vogue 8382 Pattern Review







As stated in a previous post, I have been sewing. This pattern from Vogue Patterns has been in my collection since 2007 and was just begging to be made up. I envisioned this dress in white and finally I was compelled to make it up this year.

The fabric is a cotton bamboo from Hancock's Fabrics from my stash. This fabric is so easy to sew and is so easy to wear and as equally easy to care for. This was a very straight forward pattern. The bodice was lined per the instructions but I believe the next time I will line the entire dress. I absolutely love this pattern. This dress has under bust darts and inverted pleats (front & back).

The fit was great. The neckline was raised 2.5 inches and the dress was lengthened by 3 inches. I guess you can tell I love longer dresses. When I added the crystal accessories, I transformed into a Barbie (LOL). Not my words, but an admirer!!! Don't you just love white. I wore this dress earlier in the week to kick start my summer.

If you have not tried Vogue 8382, I highly recommend it. It is an easy sew and very comfortable.

Well, until next time....

8 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty, summery dress. Garden Party type dress. Or Tea Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sweet summer dress. Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like the epitome of summer in that dress. Nice and crisp, pretty, and yes, like a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barbie! That is so beautimust!!! There isn't anything that compares to a lovely white summer dress. The crystal accessories really topped your look off. I am so glad to see your creations. Love that invisible zipper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the perfect summer dress and love the design lines of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone should have a fresh ,white, summer dress.I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress. We can always count on Vogue for interesting design lines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.