Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Checking In!!!

NO! No sewing just plotting and prepping. I pray all of you had a wonderful weekend. I was sort of saddened by the fact that I was unable to see my grandchildren for Easter. I am also unhappy that I did not sew, that's right, sew their garments!! I misplaced their measurements and have torn this place apart trying to locate them. I am finally realizing the challenge presented by living far away from my children. Being an empty nester was once something I looked forward to until my babies(grand) were born. I believe every parent relishes the day when their children venture from the home to embark on new adventures, but never fully grasp that they move away (far away) and the dynamics change, somewhat!!!

I am starting my own personal SWAP this week. No deadline, just jumpstarting my sewing mojo and trying to forgive myself for misplacing those measurements!!!!!!

Color, Color is my new game!!!!!! Thank you Sewnistas for listening to my rant. Show and tell soon. I know, I know.......

Thank you, Faye Lewis!!! You truly motivated....................

4 comments:

  1. Everybody hits a bump. I've hit a string of them the past six weeks, and can barely make coffee at this point. A personal SWAP sounds so nice, no deadlines, no accountability, just pure fun. I'm stuck for a few more weeks, but that may be a nice way to crawl out of my mojo hole as well. Good luck! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ACorgiHouse! Feel free to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do understand about missing the Grandchildren, and I know all about misplacing the measurements have done the same thing at least twice myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also live far, far away from my grands. I'm in TN, they are in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Arizona!! I do sew for them, but I have to call or email to get measurements each time. My daughters probably get tired of measuring them, but then they do get new clothes for their children. We had the same awful, awful weather on Good Friday.
    Faye is awesome isn't she? I don't really know, know her but I feel like I do. She is so encouraging.
    Sewing bloggers are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.