Hello Fellow Sewists:
Just dropping by to add another review. I made this skirt early April but couldn't get these pics to load.
This skirt is from a pattern that has been aging in my stash forever and was used numerous times years earlier. The pattern is an OOP McCall's 3801 and the fabric is a Dupioni from my stash (several colors) I love this fabric.
The pattern consists of tops, pants and skirts (2 lgths) and a sash. Dupioni is one of the recommended fabrics and as I made this many moons ago, I decided to make it again. Unable to finish the top, I chose to pair it with an old jacket from WHBM. I haven't had the chance to wear this yet but I will post pics of me wearing it when I do.
The skirts are described as having a waistband, soft pleats and back zipper. I would describe the pleats as inverted. I did draft a pattern and fully lined the skirt. Yeah! This skirt looks lovely on and feels super! I had to really dig for it.
Without further ado, let's look at the pics shall we. lol.
Until Next Time......
Brenda
Just dropping by to add another review. I made this skirt early April but couldn't get these pics to load.
This skirt is from a pattern that has been aging in my stash forever and was used numerous times years earlier. The pattern is an OOP McCall's 3801 and the fabric is a Dupioni from my stash (several colors) I love this fabric.
The pattern consists of tops, pants and skirts (2 lgths) and a sash. Dupioni is one of the recommended fabrics and as I made this many moons ago, I decided to make it again. Unable to finish the top, I chose to pair it with an old jacket from WHBM. I haven't had the chance to wear this yet but I will post pics of me wearing it when I do.
The skirts are described as having a waistband, soft pleats and back zipper. I would describe the pleats as inverted. I did draft a pattern and fully lined the skirt. Yeah! This skirt looks lovely on and feels super! I had to really dig for it.
Without further ado, let's look at the pics shall we. lol.
| View E, Shorter Length (Front) |
| View E, Shorter Length (Back) |
| Self-Drafted Lining (Non-Cling) |
| Waistband and Inverted Pleats |
| OOP McCall's 3801 (2002) |
Brenda
I love that you use so many OOP patterns, Brenda. Your skirt looks fantastic. Also, I have nominated you for a versatile blogger award if you care to participate.
ReplyDeleteOoh JuliN, you are so kind. Thanks for dropping by but, I would like to talk with you. Would you please email me your email addy!
ReplyDelete