Hello Fellow Bloggers:
I hope your day has been sew amazing. Got those give-away mailings out and now I will share with you what I've been sewing.
Warning: Pic Heavy. Two Skirts featured.
It began with OOP Vogue 8261 which was purchased in 2006 and lingered in the files forever. lol.
I loved this pattern the first time I saw it. The 3/4 length sleeves and the skirt sold me on this one.
The skirt and pants have a grosgrain ribbon facing and lapped zipper (both of which I changed).
Fabrics suggested: Lightweight Crepe, Lightweight Gabardine and Lightweight Knits.
 |
BACK VIEW
|
 |
| SIDE VIEW |
 |
FRONT VIEW - PONTE KNIT
|
 |
Aah, My Boots and That Thar Skirt
|
 |
1-3/8" WAISTBAND ADDED (TOO WIDE) - NO ZIPPER
|
 |
| MARK NASON BOOTS - LOVE 'EM (old) |
 |
| THE BUTTERY LEATHER INSIDE - LOVELY |
For both skirts, I chose knit fabrics, opted to add waistbands. The skirt below was made using a heavy suiting knit. I added an invisible zipper and a 5/8" wide waistband. Perfect!!! Did I say I love this skirt.
 |
I KNOW! THIS LEMON GRASS & RED IS HAUTE!!!
|
 |
THIS SKIRT MADE ME PUT THESE OVER-THE-KNEE BOOTS ON! LOL
|
 |
Amazed! This Skirt Feels SOooo Good!
|
 |
THE LOVELY FLOW OF THIS FABRIC- BACK VIEW
|
ith this post being so pic heavy, I will review the peplum top tomorrow. I made a few alterations and changes to the pattern. It really needs its' own time and space. Thanks for dropping by.
Until Next Time,
Brenda
Great looking skirts and you are working that hat. Love the punch of color with the black skirt. .. great pics.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sheila. This ponte knit has me spoiled rotten I tell you. Did you receive your package?
DeleteYou are really working the boots and the hat. Love it!!
ReplyDeleteLOL. Thank you, Joyce. Now, you've had a taste of my other obsessions - boots and hats. Love these Nasons. Last time I wore them was to a Willie Nelson concert about 3 yrs ago!
DeleteOops! Have you received your package?
DeleteWhat a great skirt pattern, it looks really versatile! The Mark Nason boots are fantastic. I can see why you love them. I look forward to seeing your peplum top next.
ReplyDeleteH! JuliN and thank you. These boots are so fantastic! The skirt is awesome, hey, I made another one today! LOL. The peplum post is going up shortly. Have you received your package?
Delete