Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'M Baaack!!!! Pics ready for the Give-A-Way

Hello Fellow Bloggers:

I took time away  because I felt so overwhelmed with having to many irons in the fire!  Before I signed off, I mentioned having a pattern give-a-way!  Well, I have partially de-stashed some of  the many duplicates.  I feel no sadness over losing them either. lol   My dilemma is deciding how to group them for the drawing!!!  There are over 100 patterns (Misses, children, etc) Vogue, Butterick, Simplicity and McCall's.  Some are OOP and others are fairly recent. 

Any advice on how to group would be helpful.  The Misses size range 8-10, 8-12, 8-14, 14-18 and there are some that are higher, maybe 14-20.  They have never been cut nor traced.  lol.  As soon as "we" meaning you and I, can figure this out I will announce the plans.  I really need your help on this one.  I thought about putting the pattern #s up but that is work!  LOL

I leave you with a few pics of the ever mounting stash to be given away!







Thanks for  dropping by and I await your input!

Until Next Time,
Brenda



 

25 comments:

  1. The easiest thing to do is give them ALL to me and I will take care it for you...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Brenda. I wanted to thank you for being an enabler where that Hancock pleather was concerned!

    Also, if you decided to not take the "easy" way out (lol), you could sort the patterns into random grab bags based on whomever (like me) expressed a desire to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm happy to be back. Don't forget to enter.

      Delete
  3. Hi Brenda. I am in agreement with Serenity and Me!. Perhaps we could start a pyramid giveaway of sorts. I don't know the details. I too, have several patterns to get rid of ( Ihave a copy paper box stuffed with plus sizes alone. I just want to give away the whole box. So if I were to get your patterns, I would take what I wanted, add a few of my own and send it forward. Whether through a giveaway or a listing (I suppose I'll have to think about this unless someone can work this out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela. I came up with a plan with all of your help and the give-a-way is up and going.

      Delete
  4. And yes, thanks for being an enabler on the pleather. I ordered six yards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get some of it. Have you made anything from it?

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! You certainly have a lovely treasure bag filled to the brim of gorgeous patterns from your stash! And this is only part of it!!!
    How to split them up - that's a beauty of a question!!! I like AngelatheCreativeDiva's idea of the pyramid. Guess you could initially sort them into kids, dresses, tops, pants, etc then start a, say kids pyramid, or a dress pyramid, and head them off around the world on a trip.
    Or....you could just ask me to pop over and take the one's I like off your hands...hint, hint!!!
    *whatever you decide, it is extremely generous of you to be giving away any of these patterns. But I am a fan of culling what isn't needed in our lives...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith! Thanks for following my blog. These patterns are just accumulating. If you're interested in any the give-a-way is up and off to a great start. Send your email (I believe you're outside the USA?)

      Delete
  6. Just a suggestion. Group the pattern by children, menswear, womenswear, or just grab a hand full of patterns and make it a group. Either way, the winners will be grateful for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just my 2 cents worth: why not group them by size as you mentioned in your post. Of course I'd love to be one of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Faye. Your comments are always welcomed. The Give-A-Way is up and going.

      Delete
  8. Definitely need to separate them by size because I if I win, it wouldn't do me much good to get a size 12. I understand about the hoarding, my husband has it bad! I, however, am just a collector--not a hoarder. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo Sherril, I have posted the patterns along with sizing for the pattern drawing. If you would like to enter please visit the post to leave your info. Thanks for dropping by and for your input.

      Delete
  9. 'RE: Your response/reply to comments question - you need to go into settings under comments to add that feature. Call me if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye!!!! You know I just found out how to do this a few minutes ago. Now I'm trying to play catch-up!

      Delete
  10. Glad to see you are back. I agree with Faye and Sherril on grouping them buy size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. The give-a-way is up. All you ladies gave me plenty advice. Entry is open.

      Delete
    2. Lisa, I meant to say the pattern entry is open for the drawing. lol typing while tired is awful. Thanks again for the your input and for dropping by.

      Delete
  11. Welcome back! That's quite a collection of patterns you have there. I like the pyramid by group idea. It could definitely get more folks to move patterns they not going to use (like me!) along to others who might.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much ladies for the responses. They are ALL very helpful! I am so ready to rid myself of these patterns. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an awesome give away, and agree randomly grouping them would be like a box of chocolate, never knowing what you will get, but oh so surprised. Add me to the list. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila, thanks for commenting. Great to hear from you. The Give-A-Way has started please let me know what grouping to include you in (as many groups as you want)!

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.