Friday, October 7, 2011

Temptation Too Great!!!

Hello fellow bloggers!  I have started to sew again and made two dresses during the month of September!  The first dress has been reviewed by so many that I had could not resist it any longer.  Like a kid in the candy store, I pulled out Vogue Pattern # V1224, you know that Tracy Reese.  This dress is beautiful.  The fabric is a knit purchased at Joanne Fabrics and this is a keeper!!!

After reading the reviews, a few alterations to the pattern was done beforehand.  I lengthened the bodice 2.5 inches, the skirt about 6 inches.  I can't add anything else to the comments this dress is a must-try and is without a doubt the favorite pattern of 2011.  BTW, I did make a self-fabric belt as an option when wearing this dress.   Here are pics: Dress #1 (Front/Back Views)---





Dress #2 is Butterick 5652.  Love the fabric which is a knit purchased from Hancock Fabrics.  Love this dress, cut a size small and should have cut XS.  Too much fabric for my frame.  Nothing lost, I gave it to my friend.  Pics of her wearing it coming soon.  This dress was a fast and easy sew!

Back views of both dresses.

6 comments:

  1. I still want to make this dress lol. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so beautiful! Love that Joann print too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very pretty dresses. Enjoy getting back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your dresses. Great print on the black one I also like the solid color. Nice job. I still have a all black one to get done from this pattern. I've got to get back to sewing too, glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You, ladies. I am totally feeling my sewing mojo. Yes, I'm back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both dresses! Your sewing area looks so cozy. I need to go sew now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.