Wednesday, March 9, 2011

As Promised- Pics of Bathrobes A----nd......

It has been so time since I posted that I made my grandchildren bathrobes.  They absolutely love them and so do I.  It has been at 20 years since I made garments for children but these projects were so easy to make and really jump started my mojo again.

Both robes were made out of fleece they each chose (waited so ever patiently to receive).  I'm certainly planning to do more sewing for them as this really made me feel a little more confident about cutting into fabrics again. lol  Those of you with stashes have an idea where I'm going with that. lol 

Here are the pics:

McCall's 6225


McCall's 4643



I don't know what is happening here with this posting but hopefully you can see the pics.
Now for the last of pics, here is a little something I recently acquired from the trash pile at my local fabric store.  As usual, I was paying my daily visit when I was told there were old pattern cabinets being discarded.  Would you like one?  Well, the answer is history.  Please overlook the fact that this cabinet is still sitting in the doorway to my living room waiting to be moved to it's prominent place.

Well, that's all for now.  Too excited!!!!


8 comments:

  1. The robes are affordable and glad it has jump started your sewing mojo. That cabinet is a sewer's dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathrobes are wonderful. don't you want to make me one? I am very jealous of the pattern cabinet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, cozy robes. I could really use one too. I was hoping to run into you at the expo - it's been too looooong! Let me know how many patterns you get into that cabinet. I bought a three drawer lateral cabinet a few months ago, but all it holds is my McCall's and Vogue's. The Simplicities and Buttericks have found at least a temporary home in the laundry room for right now. I'll be going to the Expo on Saturday only. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia and Faye. Ladies those robes took so long if you want one put your order in now for winter 2012. lol At the rate I'm sewing it may take that long. The grands are so excited and want another for summer!!! I made a good impression. Yay!

    Faye, I don't know whether I will make it this year. My sister is coming on Friday, I believe. I thought about Saturday but such a long drive and turn around. I put this expo in the back of my mind which caused me to not have a backup plan for my Sunday service. I may reconsider the Saturday trip (4.5 - 5 hr drive one-way) Whew!!!
    If I don't make it have fun and fill me in when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, I am totally blown away with my cabinet. I only wish I could have gotten all three!!!

    I just hope it holds all the Vogue patterns. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute robes!!
    You are going to LOVE your cabinet!!!!! I have a four drawer one that I got for a steal and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrienne, I surely hope so. Now, to make room in the sewing room. Still in the front!!! LOL.

    Thanks for the comment on the robes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was so beautiful and peaceful and made me happy for you.
    Wedding Dresses
    This site is a can refer to the choice of browser may help you see
    Welcome back. Wonderful photos, wonderful story. So glad you could be there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments and responses. They are welcomed.