Many of you have noticed the lack of posting. Much has been going on in my life. On October 6th, my husband and best friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Our world has been totally rocked off it's rafters!!! He has gone through two rounds of chemo and is scheduled for the 3rd round and radiation this upcoming Tuesday. I ask for your prayers for my strength during this time. As you can imagine, we are totally in shock dealing with this.
My soulmate is a strong believer in exercise and began each day with a four mile-a-day walk @ 4:30am before going to work. He had been in and out of the doctors office for about three years with complaints of shortness of breath, sinus problems, etc. and was constantly diagnosed as having bronchitis and being treated accordingly. Neither of us, having no medical training, trusted our physician and relied on his expertise. Excuse me, I'm still in shock and rambling.
I ask that you please pray along with us as we go through this difficult time. Our Faith is sustaining us right now. Faye, thank you so much for listening to me the other week and encouraging me.
My posts will be sparse and at times not at all for awhile. I will try to keep you all posted on the developements. God is able and that I know and believe but right now I am struggling. Thanks to you all for continuing to follow my blog.
In His Care,
Brenda
May the Lord Bless and Keep you both during this difficult time. You will be continually in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThis post has me in tears and will keep You & Your Husband in my Prayers.
ReplyDeleteI too am still shocked of my mom being diagnosed in May 2009 with stage 3 cancer and through it I maintain the faith that it will be ok. At this point she is just trying to heal and taking one-day at a time.
There will be days that will be very trying physically & mentally, but keeping strong & having faith will help you & your husband through it.
My heart goes out to you, your husband and your family at this most difficult time. Rely on your faith. Accept help when it's offered. And lean on those who love you.
ReplyDeleteBrenda, I'm so sorry! My thoughts and prayers will be for you thoughout this time. I hope you have a good support group of family and friends.
ReplyDeleteOh Brenda, you know I will listen and encourage you at anytime, especially during this time. I have been praying with you guys and thinking about you both alot since our conversation. I know you don't have much telephone time right now - that's why I haven't called this week. Please call me whenever you like - I usually stay up late, so late calls will not bother me AT ALL - SERIOUSLY!
ReplyDeleteBrenda you will be at the top of my prayer list. Dealing with my own cancer has made me realize how much the diagnosis affects your loved ones. I will pray for strength for both you and your husband.
ReplyDeleteI will put your family on my prayer list. Put your trust in the Lord and he will help you to work through this ordeal.
ReplyDeleteThis is a time to think of your blessings and thank God for them. God gave you your skills for a reason and they can serve as a means of healing. You have been doing sewing, and well, for a long time so it is a reflexive skill which you can use to heal your mind. Maybe you can make some simple blankies for children with cancer? We are told in the Bible to help others as a way of helping ourselves. See if you can find a support group, if you haven't already, and also see if you can ultimately turn your sorrow into a way to help others in need. Try to take care of your health in this stressful time. I will put you and your husband on our prayer list.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you and your family. Cancer is the cruelest word I've ever heard. My husband was diagnosed 4 months before our wedding. Initially I was so angry. I finally found the love of my life and I was scared I would lose him before our life together even began. Anger isn't comforting. Enjoying "normal" moments is what sustains us now. We remembered how to talk to each other honestly and openly, laugh over silly things and never cry alone. Find comfort in one another, your family and friends and your faith.
ReplyDeleteHey Brenda -
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email the day before Christmas. I think it ended up in your spam folder. If you didn't get it shoot me an email so when I reply I don't end up in the spam folder (which happens a lot with my long email address)